Our top Media & Entertainment client is seeking an Interaction Designer for a 6-18 month contract with full benefits!
This person MUST be able to show interactive prototypes!
Reporting to the Associate User Experience Director, the Senior Interaction Designer is responsible for contributing to the design of outstanding digital products and experiences with internal and external creative resources. This role works hand in hand with the Digital Designer as two halves of a design team.
The Senior Interaction Designer will be expected to develop designs with a “show, don’t tell” mindset by executing on the vision and project, as well as articulate and justify design decisions. Senior Interaction Designers spend the bulk of their time creating interactions, architecture, prototypes, flows, ux diagrams, etc. while also participating in scoping and estimation discussions.
The Senior Interaction Designer is an extremely detail oriented problem solver that is organized, making/doing oriented, and extremely collaborative. They must also be passionate, positive and able to sort through complex issues
• Create detailed navigation flows, wireframes and interactions, journey maps and prototypes that are Guest centric.
• Partner with Visual Designer to design brilliant digital experiences
• Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions
• Contribute to project requirements by reconciling User, Business and Technical needs
• Mentor junior Interaction Designers
• Be organized and knowledgeable on project and product details
• Deliver results with great emphasis on quality and timelines
• Proactively look for opportunities for reuse. Adhere to the interaction style guide and interaction uniformity within and across projects.
• Present design work to leadership
• Raises the standard by implementing new interaction design approaches and design templates
• Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams, often acting as a liaison between the Design, Technology and Product Management teams
The candidate should have 5+ years’ experience in Interaction Design, Information Architecture or User Experience positions working for significant brands in-house or on the agency side…but ideally both.
Required Education BA/BS
• MUST be able to show interactive prototypes
• Experience designing branded e-commerce and transactional experiences
• Proven success designing mobile experiences (both native app – iOS and Android, emerging technologies and responsive/adaptive design in browser)
• Strong proficiency with interaction design/ux principles and skills creating design deliverables including IA documentation, journey maps, rapid prototyping, site maps, concept diagrams, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, and annotated comps.
• Solid understanding of web and mobile (native) technologies.
• Ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research, strategy and analytics.
• Ability to create complex, high fidelity prototypes using at least one of the following tools – Framer.js, InVision, Axure.
• Working experience with other design tools like Sketch, Adobe suite, AfterEffects, Omnigraffle etc.
• Strong process orientation and documentation abilities
• A passion for data and the impact of design on the consumer
• Experience in the travel/hospitality industry would be a plus but is not essential
• Ability to work independently, while escalating issues as necessary
• Experience with premium brands
• Portfolio presentation is expected, including URLs or samples that reflect work
• Experience with the agile development methodology and ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with aggressive development schedules.
• Excellent visual/verbal communicator with strong presentation and storytelling skills (i.e. ability to present to various levels/groups)