Pay: Up to $85/hr. DOE
Aquent's client, a large tech company headquartered in Mountain View, CA, is seeking an Interaction Designer for a 12-month assignment in their Sunnyvale, CA location.
The corporate engineering team at our client builds and implements innovative products, that inspire and enable customers to be successful every day. As the client grows in scale and complexity, this team ensures they remain true to their scrappy, innovation-centered culture.
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything they do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience their products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Top 3 daily responsibilities:
1. Create new designs, including user flows, wireframes, mocks, and prototypes, and communicate design intent to both internal and external teams.
2. Work closely with user researchers to better inform designs through users’ point of view.
3. Deliver the designs for each release by following through on details with the engineering team and driving fit-and-finish polish.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience as an interaction designer in both mobile and enterprise platforms
- Strong portfolio with demonstrated experience in designing usable interfaces from pre- to post-launch.
- Particular emphasis on strong interaction design; confident, clean visual design.
- Experience defining design systems that work across a product.
Nice to have:
- MA/MS in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field
- Excellent skills in visual design, and an eye for typography, clean layout.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience designing for multiple device types and contexts (desktop, mobile).
- Proven leadership in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Pay: Up to $85/hr. DOE