Are you passionate about innovation and the most recent digital trends to keep your skills sharp? Do you enjoy opportunities on working with other like-minded individuals with the same goals? Does working with many different clients and industries intrigue you?
Our global consulting client is looking for talented Interaction Designers for freelance based work to assist with the many projects they are fulfilling for their Fortune 500 clients in their XXX studio, with some potential travel along the west coast. Projects can vary in length from 4 weeks to 6 months long, with the potential to extend by moving to a different project. Our client is currently closing deals with companies in the healthcare, retail, technology and bio-tech industries.
Main responsibilities will be:
●Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
●Lead Service & Interaction Design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, and interaction and service design definitions.
●Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to more junior members of the team.
●Manage all Service & Interaction Design activities at the project level.
●Own all Service & Interaction Design deliverables. Evaluate output of other interaction and service designers to ensure quality of design work.
●Frame and tell the story of design solutions. Present the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
Additional Job Requirements:
- 5-7 years of in-depth knowledge and experience of Interaction Design and Service Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes. Accustomed to working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members.
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design; willingness to broaden your own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset.
- Proficient in creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- Proficient with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.