The Genre Marketing Lead, will be based in San Francisco, CA and report directly to the Director, Integrated Marketing Strategy, with a dotted line to the Genre GM.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Drive integrated marketing strategy & innovation for the genre: Develop the Genre marketing strategy to support the Genre business goals with a clear understanding of our customer, value proposition, the event landscape, competitive dynamics and marketing levers
o Strategize when to drive additional demand to key events/priorities and whom to target in partnership with Marketing and the business
o Understand our customer needs and how they behave when searching for event experiences and buying tickets
o Possess an in-depth understanding of supply & demand, marketing and financial economics who is comfortable analyzing and sizing market opportunities (including revenue, cost, ROI implications)
o Be a thought leader to identify innovation opportunities using your seasoned experience and knowledge of best-practice marketing tactics
o Influence and lead a cross functional team to think outside the box and drive step-changes in performance
2. Lead the planning efforts in collaboration with Marketing & the Business: Prioritize go-to-market opportunities in a data-driven way in partnership with Integrated Marketing Director and Genre General Manager (GGM)
o Assess the appropriate channel mix, strategies for each channel appropriate for the genre in close consultation with the channel leads and Marketing Leadership team. Identify opportunities to further optimize both evergreen and strategic campaigns to drive improved genre GMS and market share
o Partner with the Brand & Creative team to brief and ideate on the necessary assets, messaging and CTAs to achieve the campaign objectives
o Develop comprehensive season/artist/event and retail marketing plans with clear objectives, timelines and tactics
3. Execute, analyze and learn: Be accountable for the successful execution of integrated marketing campaigns
o Monitor the performance and measure the impact of campaigns, working closely with Analytics & Finance
o Identify opportunities for improvement and drive a test & learn mindset within the team
o Be willing to get your hands dirty in the detail to drive operational excellence
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO:
• Be a collaborative and energetic leader, empowering cross functional teams to achieve shared business goals
• Provide customer driven strategic thinking while being operationally focused to drive execution
• Possess deep knowledge of how to drive successful integrated marketing campaigns, deploying marketing levers across Paid Search, digital, CRM, social, brand and product marketing.
• Be analytically savvy and translate numbers into actions
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 10+ years experience in marketing, preferably developing and managing integrated campaigns for large online B2C player
• BA in Marketing, Communications or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus
• Structured thinker, data driven decision maker
• Strong written and positioning skills for all materials, including business communications.
• Demonstrated hands-on management, planning, and execution and ability to meet deadlines under time pressure
• Depth of knowledge of the online media space and a passion for sports and music.
• Strong interpersonal & cross functional collaboration skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage several complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient in developing and delivering business presentations
• Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity