Our healthcare client, located in Oakland, CA has an immediate need for a contract Instructional Designer/eLearning (Intermediate). This role is 100% On-Site for first 6 months with 25% travel. This client will require drug and background screening.
***This client is open to candidates in NCAL or So.CAL. Candidates must be willing to travel to Oakland to be onsite once a month. The expectation is to be onsite one week out of the month. ***
This position supports the Contact Center Strategy Program which was established in 2006 to strengthen the way our client delivers service to its members and customers across its call centers. The program provides a common technology platform that enables our client to efficiently manage a wide array of critical members/customer interactions.
This position is responsible for producing eLearning using Captivate 8 and assist with the:
• Analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of systems based training curriculum, courseware, and tools in alignment with Succession Approximation Model (SAM) driven web-based training for Contact Center staff.
• The team Contact Center Strategy Program Training team provides new systems’ project oriented User-Acceptance Tester (UAT) training, Train-the-Trainer (TTT), and some front-line staff training including local Information Technology Services.
• The training developed and conducted, follows a blended approach using traditional classroom instructor-led training, virtual training, and eLearning. The team identifies and implements training courseware elements using needs analysis principles, instructional design methodologies, and standardized testing criteria. Team members are accountable for demonstrating competency in establishing and maintaining internal and external relationships, day to day job responsibilities, working in the best interest of the team and customers, effective time management, as well as coordination (i.e. meetings and travel) and administration (communications, timekeeping, and expense reports, etc.).
• Plan, assess, design, develop, and implement eLearning courseware.
• Apply excellent documentation skills and project management skills and methodologies to the instructional design process, including training needs assessment, job and audience analysis, course design, and development deliverables.
• Develop Web-based training and executes Web-based learning strategies in conjunction with the requirements of key project stakeholders (Business and Information Technologies).
• Create and evaluate post instruction outcomes using current eLearning evaluation methods which meet the training requirements and objectives.
• Attend meetings to: report progress, discuss risks/issues, obtain and track decisions as well as take ownership of individual action items that result.
• Author eLearning utilizing applicable Web-based training applications (i.e. Articulate 13 or above, Captivate 8, and Learning Management Systems, e.g. Saba, Intradiem). Adobe Captivate 8 is required.
• Create and contribute to efforts to script (text and audio) using simple to complex interactive tools.
• Develop and/or maintain storyboard/scripts that include: text, voice, sounds, and graphics distribution.
• Execute eLearning quality review and revision cycles.
• Conduct quality assurance tests of eLearning deliverables, publishing, and provide status reports.
• Report task and deliverables progress, blocking issues and offer problem-solving ideas.
• Maintain consistency to new and established content design strategies employed by the team.
• Advise and cooperate with colleagues and key stakeholder partners to achieve team oriented goals.
• Minimum three - six (3 - 6) years of experience in working with interactive multimedia training tools including, instructional design and eLearning development with project management planning.
• Minimum three - six (3 - 6) years of experience using computer based tools (i.e. MS Office Suite: Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project; Adobe Publisher; TechSmith Snagit) in the development, maintenance, and delivery of eLearning products (specifically, Adobe Captivate 8) and knowledge management (i.e. SharePoint).
• Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, education, business, or communication required OR three (3) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs