Our client in the financial services industry is looking for Instructional Designers on long-term contracts.
Job Description: The individual should be an expert in Instructional Design, as well as course development, using rapid development to create storyboards and design and develop courses simultaneously. This new way of working decreases development time, while allowing the SMEs immediate feedback to what the course will visually look and feel like for the learners. This person would be working on deliverables for annual meeting (videos, train the trainer material) as well as ad deadlines in Aug and Oct.
Skills & Accountabilities:
- Consults with all levels of field and home office personnel, including senior management, and synthesizes various data and analyzes information, in order to identify training needs of Managing Partners, Managing Directors, all models of Financial Representatives, Field staff, DNOS, and Field leadership.
- Determines if training is needed, and leads and takes ownership for developing more complex training strategies and deliverables.
- Takes lead in determining and documenting training objectives, and researches, designs, develops, and implements field training projects, in order to develop field and to sustain and enhance productivity.
- Determines what type of media is most effective in meeting training needs (online course, facilitator-led course, podcast, video, school, written materials, etc.).
- Ensures the target audience’s training needs are met, while working within project deadlines and allocated budget.
- Experience with developing in various authoring tools, specifically Storyline 360.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Learning Management System (LMS) knowledge is helpful.
- Experience with use of various learning/development technologies (e.g., CSS, XML, Content Management Systems, Authoring Tools, SharePoint, database platform infrastructures, Flash, HTML5, Rich Media, Social Media, Web 2.0, etc.) is not required, but preferred.
- Monitors feedback on effectives of complex programs after implementation, and makes recommendations and implements changes on future programs.
- Conducts research on existing and emerging technologies, as well as learning & development trends, to identify needs and makes recommendations for changes and enhancements.
- Oversees the revision of existing field development resources in order to remain in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Leads multi-divisional, departmental, and company-wide project teams in complex projects.
- Mentors other Learning & Development Specialists.
- Pilots training pieces in the field, observes training in current format, does on-location video shoots, interviews field, attends Annual and Regional meetings to represent Field Training and does other field visits as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, education, instructional design, marketing, IT or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in training/adult learning/learning & development theory preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of training development experience demonstrating a proven track record in researching, designing, writing, developing and delivering training programs, with exposure to a wide variety of insurance and investment-related topics.
- Proficient with use of various training technologies (Articulate Storyline 360, Rise, Lectora)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, specifically SuccessFactors
- Proven ability in problem identification, creative problem solving, negotiation, and adherence to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-departmental teams.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 10-15%.