• Converts current eLearning software application training, including simulations, in accordance with sound instructional design principles.
• Incorporates instructional design process methodology into curriculum including: analysis of the audience, job tasks, the development of curriculum maps, storyboards, flowcharts, performance objectives, testing strategies, and learning activities.
• Demonstrates full understanding of functional specialization appropriate for a seasoned, experienced professional.
• Applies full understanding of instructional design and adult learning theories to a wide range of issues in creative ways.
• Receives minimal instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions for new assignments.
TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
• Experience developing self-paced online learning on technical and software application training
• Exceptional written / verbal language and grammar skills
• Expert in the Articulate Storyline course authoring tool
• Proficient in software such as Snag-It, Camtasia, and Jing used to create graphics and animation, capture screen shots, and produce demonstrations
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, and in databases and wikis
• Understands the capabilities of course authoring and graphics software and applies this knowledge proficiently
• Develops effective content and learning exercises to meet specific training objectives
• Works independently, initiating and following through on all phases of assigned curriculum development projects
• Conveys information of a technical nature through clear explanations, examples, and learning activities
KNOWLEDGE / BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE
• Undergraduate degree in instructional design technology, education, communication or any discipline requiring mastery of written communication skills or equivalent experience
• Proficient experience providing professional training on software applications, utilizing adult learning theory and courseware development
• Experience managing a variety of instructional design related projects
• Knowledge of or experience with financial services preferred
• Previous course design samples required
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs