Our client, a beloved San Francisco institution in the heart of downtown, is seeking an Instructional Designer to join their team for a six month assignment filling in for a maternity leave. The Instructional Designer will consult closely with several department heads as well as other instructional designers in development of new curricula as well as revision of existing curricula. Keys to success for this role will be knowledge of pedagogical practices and theory, experience designing instructor-led and computer-based learning content and the ability to work consultatively with many stakeholders.
- Designs and develops instructor-led and computer-based learning content including learning objectives, study guides, simulation scenarios, graphical art/media, and valid/reliable assessments.
- Provides the development of courses and materials for instructor-led training. Internal Client resource will be the classroom instructors.
- Blends traditional learning approaches with existing and new technologies in order to create and deliver learning programs.
- Analyzes, designs, develops and implements learning solutions using instructional systems design principles and adult learning theory.
- Works with subject matter experts to develop the presentation sequence and interactions for computer-based training.
- Designs courseware with an understanding of accessibility requirements.
- Coordinates customization/translation of materials, as needed.
- Experienced in the development and programming of interactive, computer-based multimedia training materials
- Experience utilizing a design tool such as Captivate, Articulate, or Adobe Presenter.
This 6 month position starts ASAP.