Our Healthcare client is looking for an Instructional Designer to join their Learning and Development team in Downers Grove, IL (ONSITE). This position is responsible for collaboration with internal L&D and business resources to understand business performance gaps and learning needs; managing overall curricula project initiatives, including the creation of design strategy, detailed needs analysis, and designing and developing relevant adult learning solutions for the business. The scope includes instructional design and development for Instructor-Led, Web-Based, and blended solutions; consulting with L&D and business resources; the coordination of communication plans, curriculum maintenance plans and project management activities, establish curricula readiness; and the evaluation of learning and business outcomes.
- Apply intermediate knowledge of current Instructional Design models and practices to create effective instructional solutions.
- Design methods for assessing learning effectiveness and business impacts ensuring alignment with current reporting capabilities.
- Use appropriate technology to meet instructional design requirements for varied modalities.
- Package courses for publication and launch through LMS, mobile, web, video channel or appropriate delivery mode.
- Apply intermediate knowledge of:
- line of business job competencies
- root cause analysis and needs assessments with the business
- design and delivery principles for adult learning
- assessment and evaluation principles
- development in varied authoring tools for all modalities
- Collaborate across company and vertically within a line of business to ensure project success.
- Create project plans, working within L&D standards, to meet deadlines.
- Build relationships with business stakeholders to influence project success.
- Consult with Learning Manager, providing assessment of learning impacts, proposing design strategies, and coordinating resource support.
- Act with a sense of urgency on high-priority work requests by being proactive and setting expectations with customers and SMEs
- Conduct classroom training, if applicable, including conducting train-the-trainer for other professionals who will conduct classroom training.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 3 years experience in instructional design, performance consulting, and/or development.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and emerging instructional design trends.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructor-led and eLearning design.
- Effective communication in visual, verbal and written form.
- Technical aptitude and analytical skill set.
- Sound inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to identify appropriate solutions.
- Overcome obstacles by developing solutions to meet individual and departmental goals
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Masters Degree in Human Resource Development, Organizational Development or Instructional Design.
- Familiarity with Learning & Talent Management Systems.
- 1 year learning and development experience in a corporate or business setting.
- Appropriate licensing as needed per business area
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external customers, senior management, subject matter experts.