AQUENT is seeking an Instructional Designer / Training Developer for an exciting opportunity in Richmond, VA!
Adult learning/education experience is a must.
Why would you want to work for our client?
They are Fortune 200 organization that has been on the Top 100 Best Companies to Work for list 10 times!
And what you can expect working with them?
- An open, collaborative, diverse environment where ideas are welcome.
- The work you do will reach millions of customers and end users.
- A Work Life Balance – it’s a core company value.
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
- Apply recognized instructional design methodologies for adult learning.
- Conduct needs assessments, identifying specific performance gaps and knowledge gaps.
- Write effective learning objectives, content, and training/project plans at curricula level.
- Create and implement training delivery plans. Integrates training plans with other related work streams in a project environment.
- Develop training materials in support of multiple learning styles (visual, auditory, kinesthetic).
- Reflect the needs of international facilitators and learners when necessary.
- Exhibit sensitivity to cultural diversity in all content, simulations and activities.
- Balance recommendations specific to various instructional strategies and delivery methods using department standards and templates
- Create high-impact, real-world case studies, simulations and exercises.
- Work with subject matter experts to obtain content and to develop relevant case studies and exercises.
- Facilitate meetings dealing with training projects.
- Negotiate directly with clients and obtains client agreement and support for training programs.
- Set expectations with clients and provides clear, succinct updates including identifying risks.
- Develop training evaluation strategies using Kirkpatrick Levels 1 to 3.
- Implement training evaluation strategies and reporting mechanisms, as needed.
- Manage details of the task/project through the use of project management skills.
- Integrate training plans with other related work streams in a project environment.
- Quickly learn the business structure.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adapt easily to change.
- Function well in an ambiguous environment. Work may change on a week-to-week basis.
- Training work samples such as manuals, job aids, facilitator guides, or story boards are preferred with submission. Please attach along with resume.
- 5 years of experience designing and developing training content, programs, and integrated projects
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, adult education or related discipline preferred.
- Work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Work in a cross-functional, team environment.
- Work autonomously with limited direction.
- Establish milestones associated with specific projects; meet deadlines.
- Provide solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and high complexity.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proactively share progress, risks, and recommendations while seeking guidance / direction / approval as necessary.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.