This is a 6+-month contract role Candidates should have experience with Storyline 2 and can showcase their ability to create innovative and engaging eLearning. Additionally, this role focuses on home service learning, so experience in this area or HVAC is a plus. Lastly, this department focuses on game based learning, so experience in this area is also important.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for working with a Senior Instructional Designer to apply adult learning strategies to the design and development of learning solutions. Use a rapid prototyping design model while keeping a focus on the reusability and maintenance of the training. Learning product deliverables may include eLearning, learning games, performance support, instructor-led training and other instructional materials that may be used to address business problems. They will ensure that high-quality, innovative, and effective learning solutions are delivered in a coordinated fashion with other media, performance support, learning management systems, and stakeholder teams.
• Consult with Senior Instructional Designer on the needs analyses with stakeholders across various areas of the business to identify true learning needs
• Leverage data and business acumen to discern training gaps
• Design effective learning solutions that ensure associates are able to execute business transformation initiatives and core business strategies flawlessly
• Identify and articulate appropriate instructional strategies based on content type, level of learner cognition needed post training, learner attributes, technology delivery platforms, etc.
• Create design documentation that communicate learning objectives, content structure, assessment measures, and learning impact (e.g. business results)
• Create prototypes, storyboards, scripts, course content, simulations, scenarios, assessments, etc. for learning solutions
• Build learning materials using eLearning authoring tools • Leverage interactive, online learning models, AICC/SCORM standards, and adult learning principles to design and deliver effective training
• Evaluate the effectiveness of learning interventions and ensures tracking through the learning management system
• Partner with performance support team to deliver and embed content into the workplace • Coordinate with media specialists, performance support writers, and translators to develop components of the learning solution as appropriate.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in educational technology, instructional design, performance improvement or related field required.
• Experience with either Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio, Adobe Captivate, or similar.
• Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
• 1+ years experience in related field. Critical Competencies
• Instructional Design • Ability to work in in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
• Business/ SME management
• Problem solving skills
• Builds professional relationships
• Sets and achieves goals