We are seeking a qualified Lead Instructional Designer to assist with the creation or revision of online-based courses and manage the contract Instructional Designers that they generally use. Instructional designers work
alongside content experts toward the creation or revision of lecture materials, assignments, discussion prompts, and quizzes. Instructional designers also perform extensive quality assurance duties to ensure all course content, resources, textbooks, articles, and videos meet established course outcomes and client-specific standards.
- Vetting, screening, and assessment of contractors for team assignment.
- Training, development, team building, and leading a team of virtual contractors to produce engaging and dynamic eLearning experiences under tight deadlines.
- Monitoring of contractors' work with the team to ensure high-quality and on-time delivery of course creation milestones.
- Ongoing communication with project manager, curriculum coordinator, multimedia designer, and quality assurance toward successful completion of all projects.
- Supervision of instructional design contractors, in coordination with content expert, to create engaging online course lectures, assignments, discussions, and summative and formative assessments when needed.
- Hands-on review of courses, pre- and post-production for quality assurance, including acceptance/rejection of edits from copy editor, to ensure that courses have working links, have clear direction for multimedia designers, have phrasing that allows for positive learner experience, follow client requirements, meet ADA specifications, and are free of typographical errors and misspellings.
- Creation, review, and documentation of processes and procedures to ensure successful contractor completion of projects.
- Facilitating the rapid expansion of an eLearning organization through increased efficiency, innovation, and creative problem solving.
- Proven ability to vet talent and to build and manage teams to meet goals
- Accountability for quality of work submitted
- Creating easy-to-read content
- On-line (eLearning) or traditional course development
- Experience with APA citation, researching and sourcing material, ADA accessibility, andreferencing style guides
- Strong editing ability
- Making complex topics simple
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills in a virtual setting
Experience; Education Requirements:
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in instructional design or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of management/leadership, preferably in virtual settings Performance Assessment:
- Applicant will be required to complete a pre-hire assessment including module lecture design and APA editing prior to contract approval.