Media Research Analyst
Salary up to £40K
• Working in our client's Advertising & Online division supporting the UK sales teams and UK Trade Marketing Team.
• Demonstrate digital advertising drives marketing metrics.
• Use insightful and relevant consumer and customer knowledge to enable business growth across the Microsoft portfolio.
• Present research internally and externally.
Major Responsibilities: (70% time) Use first-party and third-party research resources to:
• Produce evidence-based sales and marketing collateral to support the Sales team in winning advertising revenue from agencies and clients( ‘pitch’ support)
• Produce ad-hoc analysis of products or brands/advertisers including trends, ad-spend and consumer behaviours.
• Track and quantify the impact they have (%pitches that convert and estimated revenue gained)
Additional Responsibilities: (30% time)
• Produce strategic sales collateral leveraging internal-data via analytic tools
• Understand market dynamics, driving forces and competitive impacts
• Identify revenue-generating opportunities based in analysis
• Present to Sales team and customers. Coach salespeople in using the research.
• Work with other members of the Research team for quarterly internal KPI reports
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal & external customers, partners, industry bodies and vendors.
• Ensure the ‘Knowledge Centre’ (an online internal resource) is updated with the latest reports/ information
• Assist with other research projects when requested to do so
Qualities: Self-starter, passion for people and their media, supporting change, persuasiveness, learning, collaboration, customer focus, comfortable under pressure, quality focus, planning, decision making
Skills: Analysis, data & analytics, collaboration, consumer and customer focus, communication/presentation, quality focus, planning, project management, commercial awareness, numeracy, knowledge of research methodologies and best practice. Competent use of Microsoft Office especially Excel and Powerpoint
Experience: Media industry experience supporting sales teams by using research
Proficiency using any of the following: comScore (Media Metrix, GSMA, Ad Metrix, Video Metrix), Nielsen Net Ratings, Nielsen AdDynamix, TGI, eMarketer, Hitwise, Enders Analysis, Screen Digest, Mintel, eConsultancy, Strategy Analytics, IDC, Euromonitor, Excel, Powerpoint
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Media Research Analyst