To define, manage, maintain, monitor and support the infrastructure and products for
selected enterprise tools for maximum availability, at minimum cost and optimizing
performance in a complex environment.
To define, manage, maintain, monitor and support the infrastructure for selected tools.
Define and manage the selected tool environments.
• Collect requirements for environment, hardware, storage, backup/restore, connectivity, databases, etc. from vendor, infrastructure, support owners, business partners, and other technical resources.
• Design environment based on requirements
• Create and maintain documentation for processes, environment, and tools.
• Review application/infrastructure concepts and designs
• Assist support and development resources with integration needs.
Install and maintain selected tool environments:
• Evaluate releases, updates and recommendation from vendors.
• Evaluate updates and recommendations from the IPN, security and requests from other groups
• Work with other technical resources regarding integration points with other environments and tools
• Work with the necessary resources to plan and deliver updates or new environments
• Install and configure products for use.
• Perform integrated testing of product and configuration
• Document results, impacts, and changes
• Share best practice learning with team and other technical resources
• Provide notification of changes to others via defined processes and tools.
Monitor and support the content management environment:
• Provide problem management, problem determination, and problem resolution
• Provide technical system support for 24x7 usage and on-call rotation basis as defined by service level agreements
• Document deployment and support criteria for customer and technical support using standard support tools.
• Assist unit help desk, support owners, and developers with problem resolution.
• Communication to stakeholders.
• Attend change control meetings as needed.
Perform administrative functions:
• Perform server and tool administrative tasks.
• Maintain administrative jobs.
• Administer security.
• Maintain server/tool configuration.
• Collaborate with other infrastructure teams on shared components or integration
• Perform tasks and supply input to environment upgrade activities.
• Document and schedule updates through the change management process.
• Identify improvement opportunities.
• Serve as a resource on tool specific projects.
Monitor and support:
• Monitor and address availability of the environment - software tools and
• Monitor and maintain environment processes
• Assist unit help desk, support owners, developers, and other support resources
with problem resolution.
• Respond to and supply updates to requests and problems using defined process
• Provide on-call and after-hours support as defined by service level agreement.
Some support is defined as 24x7.
• Assist development teams with implementations and deployments as specified.
• Identify support process improvement opportunities.
• Supply regular updates and communication to stakeholders.
• Information sharing (problem investigation, resolution, documentation, etc) with
• Plan, schedule and execute work projects.
• Provide work direction and technical assistance to other team members.
• Provide management with project plans, status reports, and feedback.
• Assist in the development and execution of tool budgets.
• Ability to be a team player with an understanding of customer’s requirements and
• Perform other activities as directed by management.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs