Technical Writers and Editors, Aquent has an opening in the Boise area! We are looking for a quick learner interested in working with one of the world's largest information technology companies, which specializes in the development and manufacturing of computing, data storage and networking hardware, as well as designing software and delivering services. This position is part of a team writing content relating to computer technology and peripherals, focusing on consumer audience requirements.
Through detailed analysis and editing of existing documentation, the writer will make product support documentation and other customer service related information more searchable for the consumer, primarily online. Tagging of metadata will be a common activity in this role. The writer will use a large number of tools (over a dozen, generally) to perform various aspects of his/her job. As such, the ability to learn software, as well as new ways of doing things, quickly is essential. The work is often fast-paced and changeable, so the ability to stay focused and mindful of details is critical. Communications between the Aquent team and with various client groups are very open, which requires awareness of appropriate vendor-client communications.
Qualifications needed :
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- MA degree in related field (optional)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Understanding of software (drivers, installers, utilities), product development, product integration
- Proficiency with computer applications and languages, such as XML, MS Word, and Excel
- Experience working in the high tech industry working with multi-faceted, technically complex projects which have required interaction with numerous people.
- Proven ability to learn and integrate the use of new software into one's workflow quickly
- A sharp eye for detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision