Our team is looking for an Information Developer / Technical Writer to work onsite in Boise, ID
This full-time position requires working from the client site in Boise, Idaho.
The Technical Writer works on complex content development and improvement projects that require exceptional writing, troubleshooting, collaboration, and work management skills—often with minimal supervision. The writer regularly works with subject matter experts to find a balance between technical accuracy and simplicity for the consumer. Together with a solid understanding of consumer electronics and support content, the writer ultimately provides ideas and guidance to give the client the best competitive advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Writes content relating to computer technology and peripherals, focusing on consumer audience requirements.
• Exhibits an excellent customer service attitude at all times.
• Works on large and complex technical writing assignments with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrates advanced skills and understanding of technical communication, has knowledge in multiple areas of the technical industry, and grasps new technical information with minimal guidance.
• Develops and writes outlines, drafts, and final deliverables for review by the client.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of relevant style guides.
• Aligns with the goals, strategies, and objectives of both Aquent and the customer and works to ensure those directives are met.
• Strives to become an “information expert” on the product or functionality being documented and provides recommendations and ideas to the client on presentation, structure, and organization of the materials.
• Resolves project issues effectively and successfully with project personnel.
• Proactively contributes to project status and timeline reports, work scope or process changes, and quality standards guidelines set by the client.
• Takes ownership of all interim and final deliveries; for example, making sure deliverables conform to set standards.
• As appropriate, provides documentation and recommendations to the Project Manager and client regarding project improvements, process improvements, organizational strategies and direction, and new technologies and tools.
• Keeps current on tools and processes used by our clients.
• Analyzes customer information requirements and product specifications to define technical content strategy and plans.
• May direct and lead the work of others.
• Participates in the lessons-learned process and ensures that improvements are incorporated into subsequent programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Master’s degree in a related field (optional).
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Understanding of software (drivers, installers, utilities), product development, product integration.
• Proficiency with computer applications and content management concepts, such as XML, MS Word, and Excel.
• Excellent client communication skills.
• Experience working in the high tech industry working with multi-faceted, technically complex projects which have required interaction with numerous people.
• Proven collaborative skills in a virtual and in-office writing team environment.
• Writing English with localization in mind; that is, understanding the dynamics that impact the translation and localization process.
• Experience with some type of content management system.