• Create and critique site architectures based on industry best practices and provide designs and recommendations for an enterprise knowledge management system with multifaceted knowledge worker for various internal and external customer support needs.
• Support information workers who need to discover and understand content by creating enhanced user experiences – to Improve findability of digital Information
• Develop a taxonomy and metadata strategy for content – making it easier to isolate, promote, control and find information
• Organize content logically to create exceptional site architectures that are both highly usable and supportive of business goals
• Evaluate the scope of projects and provide high-level, detailed estimates for Information Architecture.
• Work closely within project teams, including creative designers, front-end developers, engineers, quality assurance engineers, and project managers
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• BA or BS in the following: Graphic/Visual Arts, Library and Information Science, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Marketing, Industrial Design, Fine Arts, or a related area
• Overall 5 - 8 yrs. of IA Experience
• Overall completed a minimum of 1 – 2 content-oriented projects
• Extensive understanding Information Architecture principles including taxonomy design, database design, object-oriented design methodologies, and usability.
• Proficiency in current web development technologies and software applications, including but not limited to: HTML, CSS, XML, dynamic data delivery, SQL, Oracle and content management systems.
• Superior communication skills including the ability to communicate the vision of the user experience and functionality to a team, negotiate divergent viewpoints, and build consensus.
• Ability to simplify complex processes, set clear objectives and deliver under demanding deadlines
• Strong knowledge of site design; mastery in principles of Web design (HCI, HTML, CSS)
• Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
• Working knowledge of User Centered Design Principles and Practices
• Exceptional communication skills
• Good leadership and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable in a fast-pace environment
• Knowledge of architecture-related software (Illustrator, Visio, Photoshop, SQL Server, MS Office, Acrobat, Dreamweaver)
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs