• Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction, User Experience, Information Design, Industrial Design, or related degree -- or equivalent experience. Master's Degree in related field is a plus.
• 3-5+ years experience in web and application design, user interface design, experience design and/or information design/architecture.
• Excellent critical thinking, complex problem solving skills, and analytical approach
• Deep knowledge of information design/architecture, user interface design principles, and usability principles, issues and techniques.
• Commitment to the full user-centered design project lifecycle, including user research, requirements gathering, ideation/concepting, and design
• Ability to conduct usability testing, analyze results, and present to various interdisciplinary groups is desirable but not required
• Consultancy or agency experience a plus
• Experience in ecommerce, intranet, or enterprise-class web applications
• Technical depth and understanding of the Agile software development process
• Content strategy and/or content development for the Web
• Multi-platform/multi-channel design
• Demonstrated proficiency in common diagramming software such as Microsoft Visio
• Passion for User Interface design principles and excellent design
• Excellent written, communication, organization, presentation and research skills
• Able to juggle several tasks and projects simultaneously without jeopardizing deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills and able to work well in a diverse, multi-cultural team environment
• Provide leadership for clients and colleagues in areas of expertise
• Industry involvement
• Create and critique site architectures based on industry best practices and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Organize content logically to create exceptional site architectures that are both highly usable and supportive of business goals.
• Create annotated wireframes, functional interfaces and interaction designs suitable for business and development teams using MS Visio
• Conduct stakeholder and user interviews
• Collect and document business and design requirements
• Communicate the vision of the user experience and functionality to a project team, negotiate divergent viewpoints, and build consensus.
• Conduct design walkthroughs and communicate design rationale to key stakeholders
• Plan, conduct, and/or participate in user research
• Contribute to or define user experience strategy
• Manage multiple projects concurrently, stay organized, and communicate status effectively.
• Work closely within project teams, including product managers, creative designers, front-end developers, back-end engineers, quality assurance engineers, and project managers.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs