• Develop detailed navigation flows, site maps, wireframes and interface design/ functional specifications that capture site processes and user interaction points with the system.
• Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams, often acting as a liaison between the Creative and the Technology teams.
• Contribute to business requirement definitions by analyzing and reconciling user, business, and technical needs.
• Create consistent information hierarchies for site navigation on both a system-wide level and a page-by-page or screen-by-screen level, while adhering to design uniformity within and across projects.
• Evaluate existing and new designs for quality and consistency, ensuring scalability of design on projects.
• Conduct, write, and contribute to the following tasks and deliverables: task analysis, heuristic evaluation, rapid prototyping, development of use cases and business process flows.
• Accurately estimate the IA effort required for a project.
• Understand guest needs by participating in user research efforts, as well as leading persona/ scenario workshops.
• Advanced degree in Human Computer Interaction, Library and Information Science, Interaction Design or related field or at least 6 years of experience in site/ system development with a minimum of 4 years as a web-based information architect, user interface/experience/interaction designer or analyst.
• Experience working on complex sites that integrate database or CMS driven content, application-like functionality (calendars, personalization tools), or e-commerce processes.
• Solid background with the web and web technologies including a basic understanding of the technical systems and architecture driving dynamic websites.
• Excellent visual/verbal communicator with a demonstrated strong creative vision for organizing interactive information systems.
• Comfortable with IA toolkit programs such as Visio, OmniGraffle, DreamWeaver, Microsoft office, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.
• Extremely detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with aggressive development schedules.
• Familiarity with conducting or overseeing usability sessions, task analysis, heuristic evaluation, rapid prototyping, persona workshops, and other methods of user needs/goals analysis.
• Portfolio presentation is expected, including URLs of websites or samples of user interface designs that reflect candidate’s work as well as documentation including wireframes, site maps, navigation flows, interaction design specs, etc.
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Professionally active (ongoing professional reading, association memberships, listserv participation and/or conference attendance) in groups such as IAI, ASIST (SIG-IA), ACM (SIG-CHI), IXDG, AIGA, etc.
• Experience in media software applications such as Flash, QuickTime, and Director.
• Experience in storytelling/writing, film or video production, media design, theatre/performance, or physical interfaces for product design.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs