Our client's Retail User Experience team seeks a passionate, collaborative, and outgoing candidate to join our fast-paced group. You will have a strong attention to detail throughout the lifecycle of a project, and conduct quality assurance to ensure final product meets UX standards. You will be responsible for creating all UX deliverables for our in-store Order Management application. Work consists of tablet, desktop, and mobile applications that exist within our retail locations across the U.S. Our end users are our client's retail employees.
Collaboration is at the center of how we develop experiences and you will be able to hold conversations with, and present to, business analysts, business stakeholders, project managers, UX peers, and developers. You should also be comfortable working across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to self-define tasks, deadlines, and next steps as needed.
Looking for IA & Design, stronger in design than IA. Will be responsible for redesigning the order modification functionality into a web application. Will be working on multiple projects at once related to order management applications.
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
- Produce a variety of UX deliverables for both information architecture and visual design.
- Must understand mobile first and be proficient in designing exclusively for touch devices.
- Be responsible for creating flows and wireframes to depict interaction solutions that are in line with business and IT requirements.
- Be responsible for designing solutions and delivering assets that adhere the Retail Visual Design Language, used to guide all design decisions for our Retail applications
- Able to quickly and seamlessly move between designing for different platforms and fully understand the nuances between all.
- Ability to work with business product owners, IT developers, business analysts, and other project resources.
- Ability to translate business requirements and strategy documents into simple, concise and compelling solutions.
- Ability to present UX work and findings to a variety of audience, including business product owners, IT resources, and senior leaders in the enterprise.
- Perform UX quality assurance against developed applications and log defects with development teams.
- Collaborate with other UX resources to deliver the optimal UX solution based on requirements.
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- Portfolio required for submission (online or PDF is acceptable)
- Mobile design experience
- Portfolio must include user flows, wireframes and visual designs
- Axure experience required
- Adobe Creative Suite Skills
- 3+ years’ experience delivering digital solutions to a variety of industries
- Touch and mobile first experience required
- Experience working on website, tablet applications and other touch-based interfaces
- Understanding of HTML/CSS (position does not include front-end development)
- Strong ability to collaborate and assert a point of view positively
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Bachelor’s Degree in user experience, graphic design, marketing, human factors or similar
- Axure prototyping skills
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
- Adobe Creative Suite
- HTML/CSS understanding
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
1. Comfortable presenting and talking through their work to business and IT partners
2. Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
Please provide three industries that would produce fitting candidates:
1. Corporate design experience
2. Retail, ecommerce businesses