Our consulting client has an ongoing, freelance opportunity within their Marketing team for a Marketing Analyst Content Support candidate.
Working as part of the global Technology Marketing & Communications team, this position is responsible for working with the Technology Services marketing leads and our Technology Analyst Relations lead to drive the marketing and communications activities related to our Industry Analyst relations content program for Technology Services. This role serves as our Industry analyst relations content lead/project manager and will:
• Coordinate industry analyst activities for a portion of Technology’s business including testing, application outsourcing, DevOps/Agile, cloud and automation (including RPA, AI). Manage annual work flow and calendar, coordinating with various business and marketing owners. Maintain repository of responses, published reports and reprints and client references. Monitor analyst publications and competitive positioning.
• Research and writing: Lead responses to industry analyst inquires (written RFIs, oral briefings and client references). Written responses and briefings often require interviewing SMEs and writing original answers. Develop internal and external client success stories and facts/figures to quantify client and success and market leadership. Manage response timeline and serve as master editor. Occasionally manage sponsored research programs with industry analyst organizations (research for hire to use in marketing programs).
• Executive communications: Prepare spokespeople for briefings. Host prep calls, develop key messages, talking points, slides and support demonstrations.
• Marketing strategy: Understand Technology’s marketing strategy, business vision, offerings, proprietary assets, physical location and ecosystem partnerships. Ensure that we are positioning the right way to industry analysts and influencers.
• Analyst events: Shape and execute analyst events for Technology (for example, European analyst day; Bangalore Innovation Hub tour) as well as virtual web briefings.
• Digital marketing: Promote analyst reports, recognition and events externally via digital marketing. Leverage digital channels to build relationships and awareness with targeted analysts. Quickly evaluate and capitalize on social “moments” (e.g. engage with analysts on social media) to support the communication objectives of the business.
• Internal communications: Promote analyst reports and recognition internally, especially for use in sales.
Marketing leadership expectations
• Disrupt old ways of communicating by continually challenging our marketing team, agencies and business leaders to be at the forefront of visual and verbal brand style.
• Collaborate with and rally marketing colleagues across our five businesses and geographic units to rollout programs and strategies across the company.
• Be the standards bearer for strategic, accurate, consistent marketing messages across channels and programs.
• Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and provide tactical execution on marketing campaigns, events, asset development, etc. (not just managing, but doing).
• Willingness to be an “in the scrum” team player who can switch gears to be responsive to the business, based on the priority of the day, week or month.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing & communications.
• Minimum of 10 to 12 years’ experience in marketing & communications in the Technology industry, prefer experience in AI, analytics or automation.
• Innovative and proactive thinker with outstanding communication skills and ability to interact directly with senior executives; routinely brings forward new ideas.
• Strong content marketing skills and ability to shape and contribute to complex technology topics.
• High standards for design and visual presentation especially in PowerPoint.
• Exceptional message development and writing skills.
• Personal flexibility to participate in virtual meetings outside of regular business hours to connect with business leaders in other time zones.
• Confidence, presence and personal credibility to establish successful relationships.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. The ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to multiple audiences.
• Creative drive, energy, innovation and enthusiasm – never satisfied with status quo, always striving to break new ground and bring new marketing techniques and channels to the forefront.
• Bold creativity and a passion for new technology trends and the future.
• Strong knowledge of innovation, technology content, and the ability to instantaneously absorb and create the new.
• Goal oriented, business-focused, responsive and reliable.
• Excellent Digital, Social Media and PowerPoint skills.
• Willingness to learn quickly, take initiative and maintain focus.
• Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a virtual, problem-solving environment.
• Strong project management skills, organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
• Exceptionally strong teaming skills.
• Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skill