Responsible to support the Industrial Design Group in developing innovative package design for all categories, divisions and geographies. Support the overall innovation efforts pertaining to all aspects of the package with a keen grasp of structural creativity along with production knowledge. (e.g. structure, materials, ergonomics, function/operation, etc.)
Creative Thinking and Visualization
Candidate(s) would be responsible for generating creative structural design solutions against CP business opportunities as defined by the GDP ID managers.
• Understand and explore opportunities within the scope of the assignment
• Participate in brainstorming exercises to generate a broad range of potential solutions.
• Working independently to capture and visualize design concepts in sketches and renderings.
Support the development of selected design concepts thru to CAD models and working prototypes.
• CAD generated models and renderings
• Interface with and leverage CP 3D printing machines.
• Revise models as required to achieve project goals.
Education & Experience
• Degree in Industrial Design or relevant engineering
• 5+ years working in consumer goods/products development.
• Ability to work within a creative team.
• Understand and act on project scope and goals.
• Communicate clearly in written, visual and verbal skills.
• Sketch and rendering abilities.
• CAD modeling skills in SolidWorks software.
• Ability to work independently with guidance as required.
• Able to estimate time and resource requirements, budget and manage as required to achieve project goals and deadlines.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs