The world loves TV but the traditional world of video content distribution and consumption is changing dramatically. Do you want to be part of this digital entertainment revolution?
My Client is one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming, and industry leading customer service to more than 32 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America.
To maintain their leadership position my Client is looking for a talented Industrial Designer to help and support the industrial design strategy and execution for the Entertainment and Internet Services hardware products and define the physical interaction experience, ensuring it delivers a seamless and delightful user experience.
- Support the all industrial design projects from ideation, planning and launch through testing and implementation
- Partner with the internal AEIS Hardware organization, their external vendors and product management to foster a strong collaborative culture
- Work closely with interaction design teams to align design features and taxonomy with applicable hardware designs
- Keep a pulse on new hardware and industrial design trends that can impact our thinking or design strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in user-centered industrial design, user requirements analysis and usability testing
- Experience in set top box UX design or web, consumer electronics or similar product related to television/entertainment/broad band
- Cross functional design experience to create a differentiated seamless interaction across software and hardware – UI; Engineering; Product
- CAD software programs; Solidworks, Alias, or Rhino
- Rendering software programs; keyshot or other rapid rendering software
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio
Required Characteristics & Abilities:
- Problem solving: digest the goal/challenge of a project, create realistic solution options, identify pros/cons and make recommendations
- Collaboration: work effectively within and across teams, with multiple personality types and cultural backgrounds
- Communication: experience giving design presentations to various audiences from different disciplines and levels
- Receptivity: able to learn quickly and apply new knowledge adeptly
- Agility: work comfortably in a fast-paced, changing environment