Industrial Designer/3D Rendering- Beauty/Fragrances
This is a project based OFFSITE freelance position with a major beauty retailer! They are looking for a strong Industrial Designer with prior experience working within the Beauty, CPG, Food/Beverage, Retail markets. Must have strong rendering skills CAD, import to Keyshot. Mostly glass work, bottles and caps.
A creative and technically skilled Industrial designer responsible for:
• Developing products, packaging and displayers from first concept through resolution of technical details.
• Liaison with manufacturers and development of final products.
• Ability to take from CAD, import to Keyshot and build out render mechanicals
• Presentation of selected final product, detail specification to manufacturers of approved designs, liaison with engineers and manufacturers on development of prototypes, sample approval.
• Effective time management, handling multiple projects effectively and within specified deadlines.
• Clear understanding of the essential requirements of each project, fast and effective development of multiple options in response to design briefs.
Independence of Action and Accountability
• The Designer will take responsibility for final detailing and specification of approved designs and for development of successful prototypes
and final product.
3+ years for related experience
Excellent creative technical skills and ability to initiate and quickly and clearly communicate render concepts
Strong emphasis on physical modelmaking for both design development and presentation
Excellent 3D CAD skills, particularly Solidworks or MAYA or rhino and Keyshot.
Excellent presentation skills specifically very strong Adobe Illustrator skills
Very strong ability to successfully manage and cultivate working relationships and collaborate with colleagues and external partners