• Strong drawing and iteration skills. Process oriented, with the ability to create readable rough thumbnails, with the end goal of print quality images.
• Excellent color theory and firm grasp of dramatic lighting.
• Versatile and highly capable in rendering diverse subject matter for the Star Wars Universe. This includes environment, character, creature and prop designs. Comfortable with the stylization of Star Wars Commander and can identify the unique elements which drive the art style.
• Complete understanding of anatomy. Ability to use the human form and gesture to express drama and storytelling. Ability to create stylized likeness of established characters.
• Comfortable rendering hard surface elements such as architecture, vehicles and props. Identify resources on the team available to ensure content is depicted accurately. Ability to use 3d programs to integrate game assets in your illustration is a definite plus.
• Solid understanding of the context of your work within the mobile midcore space. Employ techniques that strive for visual clarity on mobile devices and its integration into the game UI.
• Strong industry-proven collaboration skills. Desire to reach out to the Art Director and other team members to identify the key storytelling and content elements at the inception of every image. Be an effective communicator with a ability to clearly express your own creative vision and gain support of the team.
• Ability to respond to feedback constructively. Filter and prioritize feedback from multiple sources. Employ creative solutions to accommodate concerns while maintaining the creative vision of your work. Temperament to work together to gain team and licensee approval under deadline pressures.
• Passion for pushing the quality bar to the next level that is representative of the Star Wars franchise.
• Provide accurate time estimates for your work with the production team and work together to manage your schedule effectively.
• Coordinate the work of vendors and freelancers as required.
Interactions: Interacts with the Art Director and other team members. The Illustrator will respond to team and licensee feedback.
Required Qualifications • 3 or more years of illustration experience
• Ability to manage multiple illustrations, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail and quality in all your work.
• Outstanding creativity and artistic drive; coupled with excellent oral communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of Star Wars and the Star Wars Commander brand.
Required Education BA/BS degree in related field
PORTFOLIO REQUIRED. Must be able to communicate and work across disciplines. Must be able to ask questions and drive and take ownership of art piece. Cannot be timid.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs