• Manage art production process from initial image request > delivery to customer > final archival process into database.
• Manage specific production timelines to ensure timely delivery of artwork based on release schedules.
• Schedule and coordinate 2 production artists based on current workload.
• Continuously look for ways to improve efficiency of requests and to cut production steps.
• Write script and/or use Photoshop automation where possible.
• Coordinate and track art orders.
• Act as liaison between product teams and artists, receiving art orders, communicating status and handing off final deliverables to development.
• Review initial art orders to identify redundant requests and bundle work appropriately, adding specific instructions as needed.
• Retrieve existing artwork from filed locations for team members.
• Direct design following established style and production guidelines.
• Use knowledge of the Visual Studio visual language so as to assist in conceptualization and request required comp modifications during reviews.
• Review for similarities in design and concept, and to optimize the similarities/ differences to improve the visual language.
• Write documentation on workflow and technical requirements
o Communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
o Clearly describe process definition and summarize technical information about software features.
• Demonstrated experience managing and optimizing scheduling and production processes
Solid written and oral communication skills
• Ability to learn a visual language and apply it to icon design.
• Ability to handle and track large amounts of image assets (5000+)
• Strong attention to detail a must. Filing, organizing and data entry skills.
Basic knowledge of tools:
• Familiarity with art illustration and production: Photoshop, Illustrator, icon generation tools.
• General knowledge of database systems. Basic SQL to search the database system.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Excel
Nice to have:
• Experience using Version Control software (checking in final icons).
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
• Expert experience using SharePoint
• Advanced SQL
Group Culture: Our team is made up of 26 User Researchers and Designers working closely together on designing our products and features both independently and collaboratively in partnership with other disciplines within the Developer Tools Division. Our centralized group covers up to 28 different products, so we have the ability to tailor the challenges that we offer for each UX individual depending on their skills and interests. In this same way we have the flexibility for our teammates to take on new projects as their interests and skills develop; this provides for an exciting yet stable team dynamic in which our UX experts can thrive.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs