Responsible for identifying, defining, and modeling the technical infrastructure based on the application architecture for new functionality or new application development. This includes the integrated hardware, software, and communications components that provide the technical platform for the application solution and supporting data structures. Works with application engineer and Technical Services to provide a technology solution. A senior level person is the most experienced, with the widest range of experience in various size and types of projects that are relevant to the role. Typically 5 to 8 or more years in the role would be expected.
• Accountable for proactively monitoring and responding to system alerts, notifications, and errors to ensure system availability and performance required by the internal Service Level Agreement (SLA) for the enterprise-wide messaging and collaboration infrastructure.
Skills and Experience:
• Previous related infrastructure management skills required.
• Understanding of ITIL practices required.
• MS Exchange
• MS SharePoint
• Responsible for problem management and root cause analysis for infrastructure and software failures.
• Participation in a 24/7/365 on-call rotation (approximately once every eight weeks).
• Responsible for analysis and patching of SharePoint, Exchange, Good Mobile Messaging, Blackberry Enterprise Server, ZixVPM, and IronPort to address security, performance, or technical issues. Perform all related change management. Includes weekend work, as most production changes are performed during weekend maintenance zones.
• Responsible for vendor escalations to Microsoft, Zix, Cisco-IronPort, Good Mobile Messaging and Blackberry for advanced technical or infrastructure issues.
• Provides critical training and Subject Matter Expert (SME) expertise to resources on team dedicated to end business partner incident management. Directly manages priority incidents and problems for messaging and collaboration infrastructure.
• Coordination of infrastructure issues, changes and system checkouts with other infrastructure support teams.
Interested? If so, click the "Apply" button now!
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs