IT Service Technicians maintain our internal customers’ trust in IT as providers of expertise, troubleshooting and repair for all end-user devices and the software running on them. The Technicians use creative problem-solving, team collaboration and people skills to assure customers of swift resolutions to their technical problems. As an IT Technician, you also contribute to the creation of new service offerings and service enhancements, while independently keeping your own technical know-how up to date. With your customer service brilliance and empathetic nature, you delight the customer and provide exceptional support every day. As an IT staff member, you provide insightful advice and friendly, hands-on technical support to internal customers in need. You quickly diagnose device and application issues on the spot, explaining situations with patience and empathy. After determining whether repairs can be made or a replacement is needed, you offer solutions to quickly get users up and running again with a minimum of disruption to their work. You fulfil service commitment with style, personality, speed, and skill while providing exceptional customer service. You earn confidence of customers and co-workers alike as you offer guidance, knowledge, and even tips and training. Employees will utilize a combination of PC and Mac computers along with a suite of mobile devices and computer accessories. In addition to common industry desktop software, these computers run agents from the company's own security and data management applications. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment with multiple devices and applications all while developing your technical skills.
• Greet customers for their IT needs and quickly understand how to assist them.
• Promote the perception of all IT as a preferred technology service provider by maintaining a pleasant, comfortable and inviting service environment and by guiding customers to the most effective avenue of support.
• Install, troubleshoot and repair computer hardware (PC and Mac).
• Recommend and install hardware and peripherals including memory, SSD drives, external backup drives, etc.
• Understand our customer needs and guide them on selecting the right hardware/software to meet their business needs.
• Install Veritas Operating Environments on IT supported hardware.
• Provide technical assistance and training to end users on computer operating systems and approved applications.
• Instruct and assist end users in the use of computer equipment, software and accessories.
• Evaluate and test new technology for feasibility and implementation.
• Perform asset management activities to ensure hardware is properly assigned to the end users.
• Identify needs, procure and manage local supplies that enable services within the IT Services Bar (for example, accessory stock).
• Document all support activity within the IT Incident and Change Management tracking tool.
• Coordinate efforts with 3rd party vendors to repair faulty hardware.
• Facilitate engagement with other IT problem resolver groups and ensure a satisfactory hand-off when help is needed from outside the IT Service Bar.
• Be familiar with and demonstrate new (yet-to-be released) end-user devices and software. • Provide enhanced support to executive leaders within the company.
• Bachelor’s degree or related technical education.
• 3+ years’ experience in a large organization administering, operating, maintaining and securing large-scale enterprise desktop environments.
• Strong people skills and a knack for problem solving.
• Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
• Ability to adhere to a schedule of customer appointments while adapting to dynamic customer requests.
• Aptitude for acquiring skills in technical repairs and an eagerness to learn.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts in simple language.
• Strong experience and working knowledge of current Windows Operating Systems.
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to make schedule adjustments to cover before/after usual business hours or when other team members are unavailable.
• Active Directory working knowledge