Aquent is looking for a project managing ninja for an IT Project Manager role. This role is ONSITE in Houston, TX. Under broad direction,The IT Project Manager is accountable for delivery of IT projects in terms of budget, schedule and scope. By demonstrating leadership skills, directs one or more diverse project teams, and ensures appropriate staffing by use of project resource planning. Develops cost effective solutions, evaluates alternatives, and collaborates with business owners and stakeholders to confirm requirements and ensure acceptance. Directs project control activities including but not limited to; plans, cost estimates, risk mitigation, and communication in accordance with technical standards and processes. Supervises others; allocates and monitors work, coordinates similar activities within a functional area. Interprets and applies directions originating at a higher level. Job role has budgetary type of accountabilities or directly impacts a revenue center's viability or its quality of service via personal contributions. Job role contributes directly to value creation. Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in related technology or business field, or equivalent work experience and 10 years of experience in related IT and business processes.
- Must possess exceptional communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Must have strong Executive presence and ability to communicate and present to C level audience
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and gain consensus on overall objectives in a fast paced environment
- Excellent Risk Identification and management skills - Project Financial Management to include budget creation, tracking, management and reporting
- Strong Microsoft Project and schedule management skills
- Ability to manage multiple resources in a highly matrix environment
- 10+ years of Overall IT experience
- 5+ years hands-on IT Project Management experience
- Application Development, Vendor Management and Infrastructure related project experience
- Agile and Waterfall methodology experience required.
- Finance, Accounting systems
- SAP Implementations
- Oil and gas industry experience