Vitamin T is currently in search of an IT Project Manager for our client in Metro Detroit. This is a 3 month contract opportunity!
The IT Technical Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing and monitoring all activities for IT projects. May manage projects and small/medium programs independently, or work with the Senior IT Project Manager on a large-scale program. Accountable for preparing financial/work estimates of project/initiatives, budget tracking, and managing expectations of those estimates. Manages the on-going operations support of implemented programs, including incoming system issues and enhancements.
Manage Software Implementation and Operations
• Formulate and define project technical scope, objectives and budget
• Creates and executes project schedules and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Identifies resources needed, requests resources from the resource pool, assigns individual responsibilities
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project/program and scope
• Minimizes exposure and risk on project
• Effectively applies IT delivery methodology and enforces project standards
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
• Effectively manages the project budget
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully to internal team members and clients
• Ensures operations processes and standards are met
• Manages Level 2 application support. Triages issues/requests from Call Center, application users, or external customers. If unable to resolve, engages to the correct internal or external (vendor or client) resources. Ensures all issues/requests are completed within any specified SLAs.
• Completes moderate to complex validation of data, files or reports using repeatable SQL scripts or manual/unique SQL scripts.
• Completes moderate to complex program exceptions to the database using repeatable SQL scripts or manual/unique SQL scripts.
• Manages day-to-day internal and external client interaction, including status reporting
• Organize, plan and facilitate client status meetings
• Supports the Client Services (business) team and/or Senior IT Project manager to manage client expectations
• Maintains strong relationships with day-to-day client personnel and IT contacts
• Holds and facilitates regular IT team status meetings effectively as appropriate
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to stakeholders
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
• Understands IT delivery processes and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• 5+ years of experience as an IT Project Manager or in the Project Management field
• Proven prior experience performing all Software implementation/Project Manager responsibilities and functions
• Bachelor Degree, with a technology or business emphasis, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
• Experience in automotive marketing is a plus
• Understanding of web application development, database and system design including automated data processing, web service integration, and content management systems
• Experience working with hosting providers and general knowledge of web application infrastructure
• Proficiency in creating and modifying moderate to complex SQL scripts
• Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
• PMI or other project management experience and certifications are a plus
• Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with customers and all levels of personnel
• Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude
• Excellent ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to learn and adapt to change
+ Click apply at the bottom of this page
+ Treat yourself. You've just applied for one of the most awesome opportunities you've ever seen!
Not your cup of tea? Refer a friend! http://vitamintalent.com/rewards