Location: CSS (Tualatin)
Duration: 6 to 12 Months with potential to renew.
Act as project manager (not Scrum Master nor Program Manager) for the Delivery Team’s Integration Vendors Management project. Work under the direction of the Customer Touch Points (CTP) Delivery manager and in partnership with the project’s sponsor and stakeholders spanning multiple departments.
The Integration Vendors Management project will partner with numerous external vendors to deliver interface development and / or migration as we replace our Customer Information and Meter Data Management systems.
Act as project manager to ensure all external vendor interfaces function as required by business.
Initially, this role will be focused on the initial assessment of work, levels of estimation, sequencing and timing associated to work already planned for both development and testing.
• Establish scope, create and maintain a project plan for development and testing work related to all outside vendor interfaces.
• Work with business analyst(s) to create a summary of potential vendor required changes.
• Prepare a budgetary assessment related to the vendor associated work.
• Connect with vendors, work with the PMO and assigned analyst(s) to review and manage service agreements.
• Assess work including estimating level of effort, work packaging, sequencing and timing required of work planned for both interface development and testing.
• PM may also be asked to provide support for Delivery team coordination and planning related to other upgrades and initiatives.
• Connect with vendors to gain understanding of lead times and high-level estimates of vendor work required.
• Partner with CTP Delivery leads to establish work bundles, timing, sequencing and scope for vendor work.
• Work with CTP Delivery leads and off-project leads to forecast and arrange for off-project subject matter expertise support.
• Coordinate work planning, sizing and timing with vendors.
• Provide specific integration level of effort estimate inputs into larger program estimate as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's (or higher) degree including studies in Computer Science and / or Project management.
• 3-5 years hands on project management experience with no fewer than 2 years leading successful large complex software projects.
• At least 2 years of experience negotiating, collecting, organizing and managing all vendor the information required to complete project deliverables.
• Current PMP certification.
• Advanced knowledge of:
o All project management practices and capabilities included in PMP certification.
o Change management principles, methodologies and tools.
o Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio.
o Clear concise written and oral communication skills.
o Negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills.
o Listening skills, including the ability to draw information out and see things from others’ perspectives.
o Problem solving skills including comprehensive knowledge of problem analysis, analyzing trends, brainstorming techniques and advanced investigative and research skills.
o Teamwork and interpersonal skills at any organization level.
o Strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management.
o Software development process frameworks including Agile, Scrum, paired programming, portfolio and backlog management.
• Ability to:
o Work from our Tualatin Office and travel to other locations in the greater Portland Metropolitan area as necessary.
o Think and plan with an enterprise perspective, balancing all relevant stakeholders and maximizing overall benefit.
o Maintain a constructive, positive attitude while encouraging the same in others.
o Persuade and foster agreement, finding common ground among different views.
o Meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
o Work well with others who may be confrontational at times.
o Consistently meet attendance standards for regular, reliable, predictable, full-time attendance in order to meet deadlines and respond to issues as they arise.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs