Our global manufacturing client in Neenah, WI is seeking a Project Manager for their growing team!
Project Managers (PMs) are responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives. PMs lead a variety of different types of projects including launching new products and services, large-scale application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
• Leadership – Demonstrated ability to lead their project team to plan and execute IT projects in highly-matrixed IT organization that is part of a large multi-national corporation.
• Business outcome focus – demonstrated ability to adjust the course of the project as barriers arise, and still achieve the desired business outcome. Strong business acumen and connection with business stakeholders is essential and required.
• Initiative - Must roll up their sleeves when needed, and at times perform project duties that are beyond the scope of the traditional PM. They should view themselves as an entrepreneur, running their own small business (ie. their project).
• Communication - Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace. Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally.
• Action oriented - Ability to take effective action without complete understanding and knowledge of the facts.
• Risk mitigation – Ability/experience to pro-actively identify risks and develop mitigation plans in advance of the risk actually becoming an issue.
• Broad experience managing both
o IT infrastructure projects (ex. Windows upgrades, network upgrades, Microsoft Lync roll-out) and
o Application projects (HR, finance, supply chain, marketing, etc.)
o Not generally looking for particular/specific IT application knowledge or IT infrastructure knowledge.
• Experience and technical acumen to confidently challenge the team at times, and know when estimates are way out of line or work can be accomplished faster.
• Experience using project management tools is required. CA Clarity is preferred.
• Must have managed IT projects with budgets > $1 million
• Experience managing IT programs > $3 million is preferred
• Must have led at least 10 full-time equivalent resources on past IT projects.
• Must have led resources in geographies outside the US. Prefer candidates who have experience with
o Team members with English as a second language
o Cultural nuances
o Sensitivity & awareness to time zone differences
• Agile project experience is a plus, but not required
• Four year degree is preferred
• Strong preference for IT degree (computer science or information technology/systems)
• PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required