1. For projects reviews and validates that the construction of software applications including infrastructure, operating systems, security, scalability, and business features are in compliance with ITS Application Solution Delivery Standards and is in alignment with the IT Roadmap.
2. Ensures implementation of architecture and tool selection follow ITS Standard and guidelines and is in alignments with the IT Roadmap.
3. Assigned to multiple project teams to successfully deliver quality software products that are consistent with DTE Energy's business and technology environments. Ensures that project teams understand and follow the architectural direction and comply with ITS Application Solution Delivery Standards.
4. For projects, reviews and validates that technology solutions to business requirements are consistent with DTE Energy's business and technology environment. Provides technical advice and quantification of technical risks to project team.
5. Makes recommendations regarding architectural solutions. Reviews and validates architecture artifacts such as models, diagrams and component documents.
6. Assists project teams in making software architecture decisions. Validates the software architecture against requirements and assumptions.
1. Bachelor's Degree in a related field (I.e., MIS, CIS) and at least five years of related IT experience OR at least ten years of related IT experience without the Bachelor's Degree.
2. Prefer one year of lead developer experience for an application development project.
3. Prefer one year of distributed computing experience (EJB, CORBA, etc.)
4. Prefer one year of web application and SOA application development experience.
5. Implementation of a complete layer (cross module) or complete module (cross layer) of an application.
6. Industry recognized software architecture or technical architecture certification.
7. Industry recognized developer or programmer certification.
8. Needs to have skills current in JAVA and Web based technologies in accordance with DTE and ITS direction. These technologies specifically include: JAVA, J2EE, XML, OO concepts and design patterns, middleware, persistence technologies, relational databases, operating systems, modeling (UML), testing, and process and build related technologies.
9. Thorough understanding of and ability to independently apply fundamental software engineering skills including DTE Energy ITS and industry software development methodologies.
10. Thorough understanding of the IT industry (e.g., emerging technologies, industry standards, support services, architectures, open-source initiatives, systems design and systems integration.
11. Experienced software designer and implementer.
12. Conversant on distributed systems issues such as state, transactional integrity, availability, and performance.
13. Thorough understanding of and ability to independently apply fundamental business and leadership skills including planning, organizing, verbal and written communication, research and analysis, decision making, negotiation, problem solving, ethics and tolerance, interpersonal relationships, personal/professional balance, professional growth, and self-improvement.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs