This is a 9 mos. assignment.
50% travel required.
The IT Communications-Change Management Consultant is responsible for communication and change management strategy development, planning, execution, and support for the Integration and Member Migration IT Readiness project.
The successful candidate will be a team player, strategic, collaborative, and a communication and change management subject matter expert. The candidate will drive interconnectedness and collaboration across IT and throughout the organization by leveraging core communication channels and engagement activities.
• Develop strategic communication and change management strategies and plans to support the Member Migration IT Readiness project, including establishing key messages, sequencing communication deliverables, and maximizing core channels
• Support the Member Migration IT Readiness project by developing and executing an integrated change management and communication plan, developing and managing stakeholder engagement, and providing consultation
• Manage communication processes and core channels for the project, including leader blogs, articles, our internal business collaboration/social media/SharePoint platforms and websites, digital communication, email and ecards, and presentations
• Create and implement a change management plan that ensures change impacts and stakeholders are clearly identified and managed, that employee engagement is maximized, and resistance is minimized
• Ensure that standard change management disciplines are integrated into the project implementation
• Identify and manage stakeholders, including senior leadership teams, directors and managers, subject matter experts, power users, end users, IT and non-IT staff, contractors and contingent workers, vendors, and other targeted groups
• Implement feedback mechanisms and processes to ensure the communication plan execution meets expectations, making adjustments as necessary
• Ensure that pertinent information about the project is accessible on appropriate internal business collaboration/social media/SharePoint platforms and that the information is relevant, timely, and easy to understand
• Administer and coordinate key surveys and evaluations, including design, structure, content, delivery method, collection, analysis, recommendations, and follow-up
• Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related experience in delivering strategic and tactical internal change management and communications or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Degree in Communications, Internal Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Organizational Development, English, or related disciplines preferred
• Experience with Change Management / Change Adoption
• Major corporation experience preferred
• Experience with IT clients preferred
• Experience with intranet or interactive media and other web-based communication vehicles are a plus
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent organizational skills with a strong ability to prioritize
• Strong analytical skills with a sharp attention to detail
• Experience with user experience or usability
• Ability to recognize trends and patterns
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Project management skills
• Snagit, Photoshop, or other screen capture and graphic applications a plus
• Prosci Change Management Practitioner certification a plus
• Training and instructional design experience a plus