LOCATION: San Francisco CA
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: Monday-Friday || 2-Months
OUR FORTUNE 500 RETAIL CLIENT IS LOOKING FOR A STELLAR INVENTORY PLANNER!
Our client is looking for a capable Inventory Planner to assist with International online inventory (specifically Japan and Europe). Inventory will be non-apparel products (i.e.: accessories).
TASKS + RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Inventory Planner develops, executes, and communicates merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of multiple divisions / departments.
• The Planner drives financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability, and may also manage the activities one or more Merchandise Coordinators.
• Manage the financial success of one or more divisions/departments by meeting sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals.
• Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by division/department and class.
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities by division/department and class.
• Create pre-season sales, gross margin and inventory plans by division/department and class that support product strategies.
• Reconcile top-down to bottom-up class plans. Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals.
• Own open to buy forecasts. Present financial forecast and supporting action plans in open to buy/monthly forecast meetings. Manage and communicate division level markdown / promo recommendations and strategies.
• Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to manager and cross-functional team on a weekly basis. Present financial plans, forecasts and strategies in key meetings.
• Assign responsibilities and set clear, measurable objectives for direct report. Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge. Communicate standards and performance expectations to direct reports in a timely manner.
• Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to manager and cross-functional team on a weekly basis. Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with peers and cross-functional team.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-brand and cross-functional team (buying, marketing, production).
• Prioritize and set expectations around key deliverables with cross-functional team and peers. Develop cross-divisional relationships to share best practices.
• MUST be fully proficient in Excel, and have previous experience with pricing and merchandise planning systems.
• Able to negotiate with and influence peers and members of cross-functional team.
• Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
• Able to formally present business strategies and action plans.
• Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills.
• Able to interpret current business results to identify key learnings and develop future strategies.
• Possesses a clear understanding of financial measurements including: sales, gross margin, inventory productivity measures such as weeks of supply (WOS), etc. and how to impact them.
Requisition #: (5637727)
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs