Head of Content | Amsterdam
Our client is the largest pure-play B2B Events organiser in the world. With over 3,750 people, based in more than 20 countries, they have expertise in more than 50 different sectors – from fashion to pharmaceutical ingredients. With their global networks, skilled, passionate people and market-leading events provide exciting opportunities for people to achieve their ambitions.
The Head of Content plays a key role in developing and delivering the content strategy of our client's market-leading portfolio of websites and events serving the Pharma, Medical technology and Pharma packaging and drug delivery markets.
The role is to develop an over-arching content strategy and year-round content plans for various international and regional events to successfully engage key audience personas by researching, producing and curating industry-leading content for online, live and marketing purposes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Mapping out and executing a content strategy that builds online traffic, generates leads and nurtures audiences.
- Development of engaging content experiences online and at events based on customer insight and immersion in the industry, in line with the content plans.
- Lead and manage a team of content producers and executives, responsible for the production of live, digital and marketing content.
- Working closely with portfolio Marketing Managers to integrate content activities within marketing campaigns; aiming to increase response and conversion rates across search, social and media partnerships.
- Acquiring a profile within the industry, identifying key industry issues and facilitating thought leadership.
- Identifying new commercial opportunities through content analysis and industry relationships (advisory board), working with commercial teams to realise the vision.
- Contributing to ongoing customer insight projects to gauge content effectiveness, gathering data and analytics and making recommendations based on those results. Conducting audits of competitive events, websites and media.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of community managers and conference producers as required.
- Extensive expierience of multi-channel content creation with proven digital content skills and a proven understanding of data-driven content marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in English or Journalism
- The ability to lead and inspire cross-functional teams made up of internal stakeholders and diverse range of contributors to deliver a shared goal.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines .
- Knowledge of web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (e.g. HootSuite) desirable.
- Strong presentation skills and confidence at public speaking
- High level of commercial awareness and be target and deadline driven.