A leading retailer is looking for a heavyweight Head of Content. You will be highly digital savvy, be technically competent, knowing your way around social media, channel marketing and new emerging technologies.
About The Team
The Content Centre of Excellence is a fast paced and multi-functional team of experts, responsible for creating world class marketing campaigns through content. Specifically, we set the strategy for content, and plan, create, distribute and evaluate our content across a multitude of channels.
The Role – Head of Content: Centre of Excellence:
This is what we’ll expect you to do and how we’ll measure your success when you do it. But bear in mind that specific responsibilities can change, as they depend on the changing needs of the business.
For now, though, you will:
- Set the strategy and vision for Content in the business, including clear, measureable KPIs that align to the Brand Health model and core business needs.
- Lead the team to deliver end to end content planning, creation and evaluation, rooted in customer insight, whilst ensuring we have processes in place to guarantee quality control, whilst delivering at pace.
- Work closely with the Campaign teams to deliver content that supports each brief, and ultimately delivers against wider brand and business objectives.
- Be the champion for digital, encouraging the wider Marketing Comms team and our agency partners to think ‘digital first’ when developing work.
- Work closely with the Media Planning team and media agency to ensure that we are taking an effective, innovative, measurable and industry leading approach to our paid media for content, taking into account industry developments and best practice.
- Increase the visibility and impact of social listening and data throughout the business – not just using the data to review activity, but also to spot proactive opportunities and help plan propositions.
- Further develop an effective measurement strategy that looks to prove the effectiveness and impact of content as a whole, and isolates the impact of individual channels.
- Lead relationships with key creative agencies, setting the annual retainer, review process and scope of work for our Content agency.
- Maintain brilliant relationships with media and platform owners (e.g. Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat) and build collaborative annual plans to drive the content strategy forward.
- Work closely with Procurement to drive efficiencies and optimisation across all relationships
- Develop and lead a high performing team with a wide range of backgrounds (from apprentice students to designers with over 15 years experience).
- Forecast and manage budgets effectively, taking a cost conscious approach to all work.
- Follow our Business Code of Conduct and always act with integrity and due diligence
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least 8 years’ experience of leading a large team of at least 12 people, delivering successful, integrated content
- Experience with agencies – developing creative work, but also agency management
- Plenty of digital experience – you’ll need to confidently lead on, whilst continually upskilling the wider team on digital media plans, creative best practice and social platform intricacies and developments
- Experience of channel planning - building strong business cases for investment in one channel over another (e.g. Magazine vs DM, online video vs TV) using data and industry best practice
- A solid understanding of tracking and measurement best practice and application, as well as the ability to analyse and interpret performance data
- To be confident managing and influencing senior stakeholders, whilst motivating a large and multi-functional team with a range of experience
- A strong customer focus
- A great creative eye
- A Bachelor’s degree or demonstrable experience; an advanced degree or industry qualification would be a plus
- Experience working at an agency or media owner would be beneficial
That’s what we’d expect job-wise. As for what we’re looking for in the right person, you’ll be:
- A confident, sociable type who enjoys working as part of a lively and dynamic team
- Well organised, flexible, pragmatic, creative and a lateral thinker
- Someone with an inquisitive mind who’s motivated and always wants to do the right thing for our customers
- A great communicator at all levels
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- More than capable of juggling lots of different tasks at the same time
- Someone who’s passionate about leading a great team and investing in the personal development and wellbeing of their team.