This enterprise level consumer game product team is looking for a strong tester, who will be responsible for working cross-functionally with a team of software, electrical and mechanical engineers to ensure the successful shipment of products. This individual will be a strong self-starter and have a background in testing and shipping products with understanding of all facets of product ship and release as it pertains to test, statistical analysis and hardware/software health.
Additionally, this individual will be responsible for managing a team of testers, managing requirements and test cases and plans and driving schedule. You will be responsible for Design Verification and Assurance activities of PC Input Devices, for multiple projects, independently. Activities include, developing, implementation and execution of the test plan, identify test tool requirements, and participate in specification and design reviews. Must be able to execute tests with little to no supervision. Find complex bugs, root cause and track them while recording and informing others of all appropriate and relevant info.
- Must know hardware, not to take things apart, but this person will need to be able to understand the environment and create test plans to have the team conduct user activities.
- Will analyze the user activities and conduct statistical analysis to determine if statistic is higher or lower than where it should be.
- Will be spending part of the day analyzing the statistics, part of the day determining what the next steps are based on that data, and creating a plan to act on the findings.
- Participate in Peer review of test plans and results
- Acts as Team Representative, in various product level meetings
- Manages Test document organization, storage, and revisioning
- Expedites the specification, delivery and distribution of both product DUTs and Test hardware for various Sustaining and project engagements
- Manages & tracks bug defects, product issues, and bug & issue regressions, with both internal and external partners and product teams. Triage mentality a must.
- Managing test engagements at External Test houses
- Performing results analysis using Excel and JMP, generating reports in Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Generating a weekly status report in a suitable format, summarizing the past week’s efforts and the planned work for the coming week.
- 5 years of industry experience with testing relevant to product release cycles (consumer product release and ship, hardware, supply chain, manufacturing) motherboard, optical drives, console, controller, disk, etc.
- Experience as a Test Manager driving a test team, managing test requirements, test cases and plans
- Experience in gaming, specifically gaming console hardware
- Statistical analysis background (tracking data specific to product/device testing, release, timeline, etc.)
- Demonstrates strong design and/or test skills.
- Demonstrates managing through ambiguity, and technical problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
- A huge plus would be if this person has a passion for gaming and consumer experience for gaming!
- Hands-on experience in the development of high-volume consumer electronic product is desired.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic or C/C++.
- Understanding of embedded firmware preferable
- Experience with JMP good to have.