Our large financial services client located in Owings Mills, MD is looking for an HTML Email Developer for a year-long contract assignment.
The HTML Email Developer will code, produce and deliver industry-standard email communications as part of a global production servicing organization. They will work directly with internal and external clients to manage end-to-end design, production and delivery of email communications for a wide range of global audiences.
The IDEAL candidate will have strong coding skills in HTML (ideally for email but not neccessarily) with people skills and can work effectively with high level executives. Accuracy is extremely important as this team is the last stop before an email will go out to millions of recipients.
Develop, produce, and schedule email campaigns
• Code a hybrid of legacy table-based and modern standards-based HTML email collateral at a high level of competency.
• Effectively apply industry best practices as well as internal brand standards to HTML development.
• Execute with consistent quality on existing, repeatable, and ad-hoc templates, campaigns, and mailings in email marketing delivery systems including but not limited to Strongview Message Studio and Aprimo/Teradata.
• Manage individual workload through job intake system to ensure client deadlines are met in a timely manner, and communicate effectively when complexity or bandwidth demand otherwise.
• Thoroughly test quality, readability and accurate rendering across a variety of email clients and services, and conduct routine peer review on teammate's code for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to specifications and standards.
Interactions and Consulting
• Interact with multiple cross-functional teams and clients in a clear professional manner to perform intake, evaluate and document requirements, align expectations, make technical, visual, and functional recommendations and participate in planning sessions supporting email communication campaigns.
• Consult with internal customers at all levels of the organization on deliverables and meet customer quality expectations and deadlines.
• During projects, demonstrate critical thinking skills and client-centered proactive problem solving; often includes verbal and written communication, presentation of complex workflows, dependencies, trade-offs and solutions.
File Analysis, Editing and Manipulation
• Demonstrate a high level of competence with HTML programming, Adobe Creative Suite, and other software, tools, and systems used as part of the position.
• Receive and evaluate/analyze project inputs and deliverables, and use digital media applications including but not limited to Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash and Acrobat to edit and modify images and media for integration into deliverables.
• Participate in self-development to consistently up-skill based on ever-changing technology and needs of the business.