Large Media and Entertainment company in Burbank, CA is seeking an HR specialist to join their team. This is a 1-month temporary role with the possibility of extending.
- Provide high-quality, timely and professional client service and follow through to ensure appropriate action was taken
- In partnership with finance and operations teams, update and manage the day-to-day workforce data and information to ensure budget is on target
- In partnership with HR Operations, support on-boarding related activities with a focus on coaching managers with the onboarding plans and strategy for integration (i.e. new manager assimilation needs, key talent information)
- In partnership with HR Operations, coordinate off-boarding related activities with a focus on conducting exit interviews, sensitive separations, etc.
- Ability to provide clarity in ambiguous situations
- Establish and maintain strong relationships across the client group and cross-functional HR partners
- Assist in advising/providing guidance in the administration of HR related policies and procedures e.g.
- Proactive problem solver, ability to be a step ahead of the client needs
- Maintain accurate org charts for client areas (where applicable as this is sometimes done by the business)
- Administration of local recognition programs and employee development offerings such as Lunch & Learns (as needed and/or when sponsored by HR)
- Provides information to leaders and HRBP’s in the development of talent solutions such as resources for career development and learning opportunities or job descriptions for hiring
- Proactively document, maintain, and organize area practices and protocols related to HR policy administration and standards
- Stay current on changes to HR policies and processes, and communicate changes to appropriate audiences
- Reports and or creates presentations that discuss the findings of a research project
- Demonstrates business orientation and acumen
- Strong service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated at all levels, including executive level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable style; ability to connect with employees and establish rapport
- Proven ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment; flexible and adaptable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power-point, Outlook; SAP and the Internet
Technical Functional Skills
- Solid knowledge of HR systems, policies and processes including: SAP (Display HR Master Data, Org hierarchy overview, and Display position), Performance Connection, hiring approval process
- Ability to effectively manage project work while balancing priorities.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in an HR or customer/client service oriented professional role
- Experience with Visio
Required Education: BA in related field or relevant experience