Purpose of role:
Help with the design, management, and administration of compensation and benefits programs to the conformance of company philosophies, business objectives and legal requirements for the US. Supervise related personnel in the accomplishment of defined activities.
a. They will manage all benefits for the US Population.
b. FMLA & Leave of Absence experience required in multi-states.
c. Experience level 2-3yrs is fine.
d. Will manage our benefits line, should be comfortable talking on the phone.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Manage the Company health & welfare benefit programs in the US to ensure competitiveness within the marketplace, affordability for the business and compliance with insurance and market regulations. Make recommendations on plan design, HRIS and vendor changes while meeting Company budget requirements.
- Responsible for detailed review and updates of contracts and legal benefit documents prior to submission to the legal department for final approval (i.e. vendor contracts, SPDs, Plan Documents, and SOWs). Work with external vendors on Form 5500 financial statements preparation and review prior to filing submission.
- Oversee administration of 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan assuming the role of a Plan Administrator and fiduciary. Responsible for ensuring Investment Review Committee Meetings are being held to review plan investments, participation, and record keeper performance.
- Create Cost of Employment (COE) budget providing projected expenses based on company objectives and forecasted insured benefit renewal data. Prepare the annual C&B budget.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations that impact compensation and benefit plans/ policies and that all programs are within legislated requirements (PPACA, ADA, FLSA, HIPPA, 409a, etc.).
- Oversee administration of benefit plans to ensure accurate enrollment of participants, ongoing communication to employees, timely reporting, and accurate and timely payment of premiums. Responsible for ensuring comprehensive benefits orientation is provided to all new hires in conjunction with the New Hire Orientation Process.
- Manage the employee wellness, relocation, global mobility, employee recognition/ service awards and severance plans for the US employees.
- Executives & Managers
- Our division & Global Partners
- US Employees
- US Insurance Carriers & Brokers
Personal requirements for role
· A minimum of 2 years of experience required in Human Resources with an emphasis in Benefits and Compensation planning, design, administration, etc.
· Must be analytical and detail oriented with demonstrated problem-solving skills and aptitude for technical analysis.
· Understanding of report writing skills in an HRIS preferred.
- Advanced Word/Excel skills required.
- Strong computer, oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective time management skills through meeting time-sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong Project Management skills from the envisioning stage through to implementation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related preferred.