Graphic Designer to create the outward face of the company, helping craft the marketing messages that drive the company. Projects range from website design, tradeshow – showcase and stage – design, to creation and modification of print advertising and marketing collateral, such as white papers, data sheets, customer stories, and sales presentation materials. In this Graphic Designer role, you may be responsible for the following kinds of tasks:
• Brainstorming and mocking up design ideas
• Working independently and managing individual projects to completion
• Presenting ideas to internal clients, such as Product Marketing and Field Marketing
• Working alongside the web development and content teams, coordinating projects, adjusting designs and concepts to fit corporation need and direction
• Projecting production and creation schedules
Artistic Sensibility - In the last few decades, computer software and technology have revolutionized the graphic design industry. Even so, there is no substitute for artistic sensibility. Knowledge about design elements, such as color and composition is vital for graphic designers. Artistic ability and creativity are essential.
Technical Skill - This job requires the technical skills to use the following design software: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign - CS5.5 or CS6.
Communication Ability - The ability to effectively present ideas—both verbally and visually. You'll need to be able to communicate your ideas and work with internal staff to achieve the end product.
Problem Solving Ability - Choosing the right fonts, colors and lines to create a balanced composition, while simultaneously conveying meaning, is complicated. In order to succeed in this job, you'll need to have strong problem solving skills and love a good challenge.
Required skill set:
• Degree from an accredited school
• Excellent writing, verbal, and problem solving skills
• Ideal candidates have a minimum professional experience of 4-6 years of design
• Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task autonomously
• Must be a self-starter; exhibit a positive, "can do" attitude with strong goal orientation and be extremely detail oriented
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Computer skills in complete Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
• Team Player
• Positive attitude!
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs