Looking for production designers with agency experience, digital experience (emails, social, web banners, etc.), and a strong eye for design who like to fly by the seat of their pants! This position requires maintaining a high level of quality and attention to detail in one's work, within what is often an ambiguous and challenging startup type environment. Not for the meek or the inexperienced, this role requires our production designers to dig deep into their problem-solving abilities at times to get projects out the door. In return for your hard work, expect to be part of a fantastic group of people supporting a new client from the ground-up. Our team sits on-site in Aquent's Los Angeles office, and working from the office is required to help maintain a cohesive, fun, and productive team experience.
Our client is a leading company which helps turn personal memories into tangible keepsakes and meaningful gifts. The graphic designer will execute visual designs for major promotional campaigns. S/he will use their eye for design, including sharp layout and typography skills, to create template-driven yet warm and inviting deliverables in the digital and print space according to client-provided creative briefs and style/branding guides. Utilizing Photoshop heavily, you can expect to produce designs and layouts for various platforms and deliverables, including emails, web banners, social media assets, and some print marketing deliverables. We also need help creating digital composites and doing realistic retouching on photos used for marketing products to a large audience online.
Abilities and Skills Required
- Grace under fire
- Unwavering accuracy when reviewing externally supplied files, setting up client files, and/or pre-flight of newly produced files
- Ability to easily develop an understanding of clients’ visual brands, style guides, target audiences, and communication objectives
- Ability to design, layout, and format production files to print specifications, and customer requirements
- Experience in a high volume, production oriented B2C design environment (with highly visible, well-known brands highly preferred)
- Agency experience highly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in print and digital graphic design
- High level of comfort working in a structured digital production workflow
- Experience providing realistic, believable Photoshop production retouching and compositing work
- No coding experience is necessary, but we do seek candidates who understand how to work on a grid and can hand off work which is easy to slice and code to a developer
- Solid typography skills evidenced by portfolio samples