Aquent has an immediate two month contract opportunity for a Graphic Designer/Production Artist for a top tier Fortune 500 company in Dallas.
- Works with an Art Director in a graphic designer/production artist role to design 2-color and 4-color projects. As a designer will create a formal page layout based upon direction/specifications from an art director.
- As a production artist will create final mechanical files and pre-flight files to ensure quality and adherence to brand standards before being released to vendor.
- Incumbent works on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for working on each project throughout the entire creative process from page layout to vendor ready mechanical files for all Company produced publications, printed literature and various support pieces.
- Ensures that all creative components are delivered on time and in accordance with all printer specifications.
- Creates highly detailed electronic mechanical files for each deliverable.
- Has strong knowledge of layout, graphic design, mechanical and printing production to complete projects.
- Executes all changes and enhancements to the original design.
- Responsible for finding all photography pick-ups and marking layouts with pick-up instructions.
- Solely responsible for the production of the Spanish files that correspond to the English version. Pre-flights files, performs quality evaluations and makes necessary revisions in order to ensure quality work while maintaining brand standards.
- Manage all of the production needs in order to ensure the on-time delivery of the final files to the vendor.
- May instruct other production artists who are working on the same project.