Aquent is the world's largest and most prestigious staffing firm specializing in the creative and marketing fields. Our client is one of the country's largest banking and financial lending companies. It is recognized regularly as one of Wilmington's best companies to work for. You will be apart of the company's in-house full-service ad agency. The agency services all internal departments needing marketing solutions from print ad, direct mail, video, etc.
This is an 18 month contract position and there is no chance of it becoming a permanent position. The work is to be done onsite Monday-Friday during normal business hours.
Production Designer/Graphic Design. This position is more production artist than true graphic designer. You will do layout, changes and edits to already existing creative.
Period: 12/10/2012 to 06/06/2014
pay rate dictated by the client $25.00-$28.00
Location: WILMINGTON, DE 19884
• According to production specifications, conduct all phases of project execution required for project release to printers, service bureaus, etc.
• Maintain job folders and documentation.
• Keep abreast of technology and software advances in the field and is able to apply such advances to his/her daily tasks.
• Partner with other disciplines (account, traffic, production) to provide comprehensive and inclusive project management.
• Has a solid understanding of printing and production processes, pre-press, proofing and specifications.
• Has solid working experience building files for print and digital.
• Will consistently communicate with team regarding project details, specifications and status.
• Although this is not specifically a design role, he/she understands and supports creative objectives.
• Has solid typography knowledge:
- Style sheets
- Paragraph styles
• Has solid working knowledge of info graphics:
- Building charts and tables
- Pulling data from Excel to Illustrator and InDesign
• Is a self-starter.
• 5-6 years advertising/graphic arts-related/production work experience.
• Strong understanding of printing process and pre-press proofing and specifications.
• Proficient in required software applications (below)
• Is organized and has a keen attention to detail and proofing of own work.
• Has strong communication and organization skills.
• Basic knowledge of financial/banking advertising.
• Has experience in financial services (a plus but not required).
• Has a degree or its equivalent (a plus but not required).
• Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
• Comfortable working in a collaborative manner in a matrix environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• CS5 Suite - including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro
• MS Office Suite – including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook