Graphic Designer(Fashion Apparel) Jr. to Mid
This is a temp to perm position! Our client will convert full time after 3-6 months.
Must have fashion apparel/ luxury Graphic Design experience
DEPT./DIVISION: Corporate Marketing
POSITION REPORTS TO: Art Director
Date: January 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: The Graphic Designer will be responsible for the development and design of marketing collateral, while maintaining the respective brand’s look and feel. This role will provide direct support to the Assistant Art Director.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
· Design projects that fulfill the creative brief.
This may encompass:
In-store signage packages, consumer collateral (catalogs, mailers, postcards, etc.), packaging design (physical comps), web-based marketing (e-blasts, web banners, etc.), internal presentations, logos, and icons.
· Research and share contemporary trends in graphic design on an on-going basis. Helping to build and update shared internal inspiration library.
· Collaborate with Assistant Art Directors and Senior Creative Director on design solutions, working to meet deadlines, objectives and budget parameters.
· Ensure brand consistency across platforms following brand guidelines or seasonal direction.
· Strong understanding of typography and knowledge of printing / web design process.
· Proficient in: Adobe CS –InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge, Acrobat Pro.
· Working knowledge of MS Office Suite–PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
· Knowledge of WEB design applications a plus.
DECISION-MAKING: Will be required to give Input/solutions on best way to solve creative brief. Make image selects. Some retouching direction remaining sensitive to budget and timeline.
· Solution based thinker and attitude.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be flexible.
· Work independently or with team in fast paced, deadline driven environment.
· Strong time-management skills. Detail oriented.
ENVIRONMENT: Our environment is open and fast-paced and at times can be a bit noisy. This individual will need to be focused and be able to juggle responsibilities across multiple brands simultaneously often times with changing priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· 2-3 year (minimum) graphic design experience.
· Fashion or luxury experience preferred.
Education: BA / BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent (portfolio required)