Our valued NYC Fortune 500 client is in need of a long term freelance Graphic Designer with financial industry experience, motion graphics as well as print. Only Candidates with this experience will be considered.
This role is onsite, 40 hours a week, 3 months with the opportunity to extend. Healthcare benefits provided, 5 paid sick days, FlexSpend, are all part of this freelance employment package!
In this role, you will be join a production environment where you will be doing print and digital design, interactive PDFs, and occasionally short videos using After Effects. Ideal candidate should come from an environment where you can do conceptualizing but also be comfortable and content doing production and repeatable design work. Insurance, financial services, insurance, or professional service industries is required.
What You Will Do:
- As a freelance Graphic Designer, you will help transform complex insurance, investment, and other financial information into easily understood, branded, visually engaging, print and digital marketing content. Ideally, you are just as comfortable laying out brochures, updating sales collateral, and discussing print production specs as you are animating PowerPoint presentations, creating motion graphics, concepting graphics for social media, and taking a lead production role on a variety of print and digital marcomm work.
- In addition, you will be interacting with external vendors and production teams, including giving direction, sending and managing files, and reviewing for quality. The role requires that you execute final designs that are print-ready and pixel perfect.
- Collaborate with the in-house Creative Services team across numerous projects including print collateral, promotional material, social media, motion graphics, and a wide variety of print and digital marketing content. Must be comfortable working collaboratively in a team environment and interacting closely with project managers, designers, writers, external vendors, and internal clients to meet multiple daily deadlines.
- Interpret briefs into visually appealing, on-brand layouts and graphic assets to promote marketing and financial concepts (i.e., data visualization, infographics, presentation decks, motion graphics, and more). Image research.
What You Need:
- Online portfolio demonstrating mastery of fundamental design concepts and experience creating a variety of design solutions.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills needed, along with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience. A degree in design, visual communications, or a related field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of offset print and digital print processes and production methods and producing content for web and mobile.
- Ability to work within brand guidelines while remaining fresh and unique.
- Highly competent in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop with some experience in After Effects and/or Animate. Highly competent in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Proficient on both Mac and Windows Platforms. Up-to-date with current design trends.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS. Experience working with project management software.
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com