This role will be working with a senior design lead on this leading tech giant's search team's BOT feature. The candidate should have:
- strong mobile visual and interaction design skills
- understanding and/or interest in search, BOTs, chat
- capable of generating concept ideas quickly
- ability to work with existing design patterns/guidelines and partner with the Visual Systems team who own Bing visual design guidelines
Team is horizontal, team owns all visual design and appearance of things and guidelines. We support all the other teams within search to make sure everything has the touch and feel we want. They will not be re-inventing the wheel per say, but can bring new ideas and creativity to the team.
Performs some aspect of the following work:
- Directs and designs overall ""look and feel"" of software applications, web sites/applications and print media.
- Development of integrated brand strategy, visual design concepts, product attributes, and iconography. Supports the team in utilizing current and emerging scripting technologies.
- May develop publishing tracking systems, conversion tools, automation tools and procedures.
- Evaluates and acquires imaging content.
- May oversee production artists, designers, vendors and contractors.
- Oversees scheduling and design resources and miscellaneous support projects.
- 5 plus years of experience with proven ability to lead and direct design styles and efforts.
- Must be highly proficient with interactive web technologies, software or web applications, and print and branding.
- Fluency with standard and dynamic design software packages (Photoshop, Flash, etc) required.
- Ability to discuss and present an in-depth knowledge of typography is preferred.
- Strong communication skills along with ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment required. Must have strong attention to detail and be able to work as a team player.
- Demonstrated experience with project planning and excellent project management skills required.
- Portfolio review required.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Industrial Design or related area required.
- A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree