Seattle area retail company is looking for mid-level graphic designer, onsite in Seattle, for a 4 month contract. This position includes working on print, packaging, in-store signage, and digital assets.
Responsible for completion of all graphic development and production steps from concept through creation of final design and any associated file deliveries for print or digital execution.
· Execute visual development based on direction and brand guidelines.
· Work within brand guidelines to create design solutions across all forms of communication and retail marketing: mass media (OOH, radio, print), digital advertising, direct mail, social media, store design/signage, product packaging and brand collateral.
· Clearly and effectively communicate ideas to others, collect feedback and revise accordingly
· Manage multiple projects with grace, ease and within assigned deadlines.
· Proactively manage own time and deadlines.
· Participate in meetings, discussions and presentations as part of the creative development process from initial concepts to final design.
· Organize and support photo shoots, as needed.
· Work with Creative Director and Sr. Production Manager to define and/or improve processes for graphic production.
· Maintain an awareness of design trends in order to help appropriately evolve existing materials or brand assets, when needed.
· A professional portfolio of work that demonstrates a commanding knowledge of visual design
· Degree in graphic design, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent experience.
· 2+ years working in a visual design/ production field.
· Retail experience a must. Food experience a bonus.
· Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
· Strong sense of typography and visual composition.
· Respect for and consistent ability to meet deadlines.
· Experience related to visual arts such as photography, 3D work, illustration and graphic arts.
· Excellent communicator.
· Ability to work equally well independently or as part of a team with excellent cross-team collaboration.
· Knowledge of design best practices.
· Ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks across multiple projects, under tight deadlines.
· Team player and appreciates working collaboratively as well as independently.