Design and create original innovative product concepts (ie. artwork, print, pattern, 3D models) that speak to our consumer, creating dynamic products within core franchise brands, extending existing business, and is capable of generating new business.
· Supports and/or responsible for low, medium and occasionally high complexity design projects based on direction given by Design management and/or strategic criteria
· Works under general supervision and little design guidance
In addition to those for an Associate Designer:
· Understands our characters and our storytelling and how it translates to product
· Fresh and inventive creative thinker
· Thorough understanding of all elements of design: illustration, page layout, color and typography
· Knowledge of specific function, processes, formats and software
· Able to clearly present vision/ideas in both formal and informal settings
Education / Experience / Skills*:
· BA/BS in a related field (Design or Arts or Graphic Design or Product Design)
· Minimum 3-5 years related work experience
· Expert in Illustrator, PhotoShop, Quark
· Design entire franchise assortment with cohesive theme
· Creates and executes concept design to models (2D or 3D) for presentation and production
· Participates in various product approvals, creative revisions and detailed comments (in writing
· Produce user friendly final mechanicals
· Has professional experience generating concept, design, and mechanicals.
· Participates in OPA reviews.
· Sophisticated sense of typography, composition and color.
· Throughout project development process, collaborates creatively with other departments,
including the Editorial, Art Development, Managing Editorial, and Production teams.
· Ability to translate concepts to creative design options and solutions.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs